Автор Порака
 Наслов на мислењето: 7L & Esoteric Bio
ТемаИспратено: Maрт 16th, 2005, 8:24 pm 
Отсутен
Членски аватор

Регистриран: Maрт 6th, 2005, 3:20 pm
Мислења: 28
Локација: T3t[0]vO
7L & Esoteric first came together in 1992 after 7L heard Esoteric DJing at a local college radio station in Boston, MA. Esoteric's sets were mostly hip-hop based, but on occasion he would fuse his own material into his playlists. After hearing Esoteric's material, 7L contacted him in the hopes of forming an artistic collaboration. And collaborate they did. Reverting back to the standard hip-hop formula for success -- one DJ, one MC -- they immediately started to build on a common love for hip-hop born of 1986-1989. The pair headlined shows in smaller venues throughout Boston, New York, and Philadelphia as well as opening for some hip-hop heavyweights like Bahamadia, Rakim, Redman, and Company Flow.

The duo released their first single under the name God Complex in 1996. The single was immediately dubbed one of the best rap singles of 1996, receiving huge responses from Los Angeles, New York, Canada, and Overseas markets. Soon after, the Rebel Alliance LP was released. Calling together their fellow MCs and DJs from their hometown, (including Virtuoso, Mr. Lif, Tony Infamous, and Force Five) Rebel Alliance was a compilation showcasing the talent and skills held in the scene that raised them. As soon as Rebel Alliance was in the stores, 7L & Esoteric followed up with a 7L & Esoteric 12" featuring the tracks "Be Alert," "Protocol," and yet another collaboration with Virtuoso, "Touch the Mic." While "Be Alert" received mad attention to the ingenious sampling of the Transformers cartoon show, "Protocol" was garnering intense recognition for Esoteric's non-stop lyricism. Source Magazine even went so far as to label "Protocol" one of the five best hip-hop tracks of the '90s. Their next single, released on Direct Records, earned 7L & Esoteric praise from coast to coast. "Def Rhymes" was exactly what the title implied, while "Headswell" brought back the now-expected pairing of Esoteric and Virtuoso.

Consistently winning critical acclaim and underground credibility is apparently a no-brainer for Boston's dream team. With a partnership spanning over nine years, the singles and guest spots speak for themselves. ~ Emilie Litzell, All Music Guide

Кон врв
 Профил  

Наслов на мислењето:
ТемаИспратено: Maрт 17th, 2005, 2:10 pm 
Отсутен
Членски аватор

Регистриран: Maрт 6th, 2005, 3:20 pm
Мислења: 28
Локација: T3t[0]vO
Слика Слика Слика

Кон врв
 Профил  

Наслов на мислењето:
ТемаИспратено: Maрт 21st, 2005, 10:54 pm 
Отсутен

Регистриран: Maрт 21st, 2005, 10:33 pm
Мислења: 12
Локација: Bulgaria
Word!!!
7l & Eso are one of the best hip hop performers who haven`t changed they style during the years(this cannot be said for most of the rappers...you know). The combination between an ill MC such as Esoteric and one of the best beatmakers nowadays-7l is really DOPE. The result is fascinating...
All their albums are an example of real hip hop music:
The Soul Purpose(2001)
Gold Complex(1996)
Speaking Real Words EP(1999)
Dangerous Connection(2002)
DC 2(Bars Of Death)(2004)
This can be said also about other hip hopers from BOSTON-Akrobatik, Pete Rock, ED OG, Insight, Mr. Lif..and so on. They managed to keep the real hip hop alive...

RESPECT FOR THESE PERFORMERS &
ONE LOVE FOR THE REAL HIP HOP!!

(I am sorry about writing in Engish...i am from Bulgaria and i understand your english when reading it...i don`t have problems with the understanding..but i can`t write in Macedonian..i hope you wont mind if i continue with the English) :)
peace

Кон врв
 Профил  

Покажи постара тема:  Сортирај по  
Испрати нова тема Одговори на тема  [ � теми ] 

Часовникот е според зоната: UTC + 1 час [ Летно време ]

Кој е Присутен

Членови кои ја разгледуваат оваа тема: Нема регистрирани членови and 35 гости

Вие Не може да поставите нова тема на овој форум
Вие Не може одговорите на теми на овој форум
Вие Не може да промените мислења на овој форум
Вие Не може да го бришите вашето мислење во овој форум